Friday, February 24, 2006

Closure...the good...the bad...and the uncomfortable

So, I've never been good at closure. The whole "I'm just not that into you" conversation is really one I've not had. Who wants to say that to somebody? It's so much easier to just never return their phone calls and hope you never see them again. Right??

But karma is a bitch. And it hasn't ever happened to me, but who knows how I would feel if it did. Now that I'm in the arena (allegedly) I have to think about stuff like that. Not to mention, I would feel like a real ass hole if I saw said dude in public and he was doggin'!
So I did it. Not in a very timely fashion (technically, I'm about 2 weeks late) but I did it. And fortunately he is "a big boy" and could handle it gracefully.

"The Committee" tells me that now it will be easier to do the next time. Boy I hope that there is only one next time! The next dude that comes my way had better be the freaking "one" because this dating thing is no picnic - I don't want to keep this up. And at that point I will have to say goodbye to my ever so delicious booty call a.k.a. pretend boyfriend. That's a whole 'nother blog for a whole 'nother day...

For now, the "just-don't-ever-answer-the-phone-and-he'll-get-the-picture" method is OUT and the closure method is IN.

For now...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you. Closure is always a good thing. It lets you get past the awkward feeling of "please don't let me run into this person...ever". Getting karma on your side is always a good thing. Make sure we all get invites to your wedding to the "one". Being honest with people on this level will take you to the "one" so much quicker.

(Originally posted by "lynette")

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good for you. I am glad that you are expressing yourself in this fashion. You are a beautiful, dynamic woman. Only a true man will see your worth. Always your friend. AMW

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I have stated before and practiced in my own life...honesty and communication is the key to success in all domains. You are growing up my friend and I have to start viewing you as a 32-year- old FABULOUS woman who has miraculously sprouted from a 22 year old over night..."duce, duce MF".. ;)

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home