Tuesday, March 14, 2006

discrimination.hate.fear.bias.ignorance

I am so thankful this evening. Where would I be without the leadership and guidance of some of the political leaders and activists in this country? How would I survive day to day if I had only my own sordid morals and poor judgment to rely on?

Yes, I am thankful.

Thankful for the elected officials in 16 states (including my own) who are trying to prevent gay couples from adopting. I appreciate their efforts to make sure that the only people who have that opportunity are those they deem morally fit parents. This list of suitable would-be parents will surely include this heterosexual man: he adopted a 5 year old orphan, only to chain her up in the basement, rape her repeatedly, starve her and post thousands of sexually explicit photos of her on the internet. Well, of course, because if gay couples adopt, the children will be subjected to much worse. I can rest easy tonight, because I'm confident that these all-knowing politicians have identified loving, non-gay homes for the 520,000 children in foster care.

I am thankful that the AFA and 18 other groups of concerned citizens are taking a stand against Ford Motor Co. Their gripe? Ford advertises in gay publications, supports gay rights groups and makes their employees take diversity training! Well, of course they're launching a boycott - this "treating people with respect / human rights" thing is getting wildly out of control. If swift action is not taken, all the gays will certainly get in their ill-gotten, American-made vehicles and drive to Washington, where discrimination against them is no longer legal. Thank goodness these 19 organizations are exposing Ford - thanks to them, I now know that Ford's real goal is to promote gay marriage. And all this time I thought they were just manufacturing & selling cars.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Well said and well put. Sometimes folks get caught up in the small s**t and miss the big picture dont they?

I've enjoyed my visit and will be back. Feel free to stop by anytime!

Blessings...

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent post. i love the way you write

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home