Monday, March 13, 2006

What had happened was

My bad, I got totally sidetracked. I started the morning ready to share stories of the weekend I spent with my favorite Chosen People. And then this happened.

What I meant to share with you is how happy I am to have this family in my life(we'll call them the "Coolstein's"). They remind me so much of my own family, it's hard not to love them.

I went to see one of the Coolstein's in a play Friday. This was my first time seeing her onstage; I mean really seeing her, 'cause the last 2 times I saw her onstage, I was onstage too. She is spectacular. She embodied her character with such honesty and passion. I know that she worked very hard to get there & I am blessed to have had an opportunity to watch her character unravel. The play itself was pretty darned good too, as was my friend's hunky co-star.

As if that isn't enough, when I got to the theater, Cool Mama Coolstein and Big Bad Brother Coolstein were there with big smiles & warm hugs. Like my own family, the Coolstein's are enthusiastically supportive of one another. That was probably Cool Mama's 4th time coming to the performance, and she laughed, shrieked and cried like she was seeing it for the first time. Brother was back for a second (or, perhaps third) time too. (I just found out he has been checking me out for a year now. All this time I thought he was just happy his sister had a new friend. Turns out, he wants to "Something New" me!)

The evening ended with cocktails, more hugs and laughter at a nearby tavern.

But the fun didn't end there. No siree, it was just beginning. I had been invited to a party the following evening at Rockin' Sister Coolstein's house. And this wasn't just any party. At this party, the guests didn't just taste the punch & cookies or pass around joints (gasp). We tasted nipple cream & hot cinnamon tingle oil and passed around purple vibrators. A good time was had by all.

And, because one weekend of Cool Coolsteins isn't enough, we will all get together and do it again this coming Saturday!

I love these people. They have such an open, loving and accepting energy. I don't know a whole lot about why God chose them, but I sure am glad they chose me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey LaLa

I had a great time and thanks for the invite. Those Coolsteins able fantabulous!!! I think the "Something New" thing is not a bad idea...LOL!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from one former actor to another: love your blog.

And i need to go see a play. Its embarassing how long its been since i've seen live theater. I gotta stop going to see so many damn movies and go see a damn play.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home