Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy (every day should be) Mother's Day

OK, so technically I'm a day late. But let's un-Hallmark this situation for a minute...


I don't love & appreciate my mommy any less today than I did yesterday. When we had our outing on Saturday it didn't feel early or in any way wrong. I guess because it wasn't much different from any other day for us (except there was a greeting card involved). There was smiling, talking, gossiping, laughing, hugging, kissing, eating, you know, the usual. Then the next day, there was a post-outing discussion & recap.

I talked to my step-mother and her mother and sent greetings to my friends' mothers, but I kept wanting to say "happy day" to my new blog buddies. Some I know are mommys, some are not super close to their mothers, some I have no idea. But even though it's a day late...

Damali, I hope the boys gave you the best construction paper/egg carton/pipe cleaner creations ever!

S*, believe it or not, I had a really hard time finding a card too. Maybe next year.

Rachel and ChangeSeeker, you shape young minds and introduce them to concepts & ideas that their in-home mommies probably didn't. Y'all rock!

BlkButterfly, Ra, and Cherryl, I have no idea if you guys are mommy's or not, but I sure hope you had a good day, hope you have a great week and keep on doing you.

Professor Kim, when "they " are shoving Tom Cruise's hijinks down my throat and trying to convince me that Natalee is the only girl to ever go missing, you keep me in the know about what's REALLY going on. Hoping your young 'uns showered you with hugs & kisses.

And for all of my sister-friends who don't have a page for me to link to, much love to y'all.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awe, You're so sweet. I don't have any kids, but I'll be a surrogate mother to any kids in need.


I'll also be the mama that spanks the racist trolls on my blog. I try to be nice, but some of them just need a whoppin' LOL!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Professor Kim said...

Thank YOU! Your encouragement means a lot on those days when life and blogging "ain't no crystal stair." I do have children, and I'm blessed to still have both my mother and stepmoter, as well. I had a very nice Mother's Day. I wish you joy.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Piscean Princess said...

Rachel, you are a real trooper - those people just won't leave you alone. And they don't seem to understand that it's YOUR HOUSE and you don't have to let people come in if you're not feeling their attitude. And who would have thought they'd go there about the swimming thing?? I applaud you for your resilience - I couldn't do it. My stomach would be in knots!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Piscean Princess said...

Well hello Professor! Glad your day was great. Thanks again for all that you do. The world needs more soldiers like you.

9:29 AM  
Blogger changeseeker said...

Having someone of your caliber and interestingness (good word, huh?) mention me en blog makes me feel warm and fuzzy, Princess. My Big Day was great, though my "baby" is living her life in Brooklyn now. :-D

And, of course, as you point out, I have plenty of other babies in my world--for which I am utterly grateful. Most of them really want to learn something and the ones that don't quickly make themselves look as sick and stupid as they are. Matter of fact, my spoken word piece is my response to one of them. (He!He!) :-D

1:05 PM  
Blogger S* said...

Thanks. I can tell you understand my situation, but at the same time know that I don't want it to be this way. Here's hoping that next year I'll find a card that fits. And if not, I'll just be extra thankful for my Godmother.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Piscean Princess said...

Hey Changeseeker! I'm so excited about your upcoming performance. You can't open all the minds, but how awesome is it to impact some of them?

S*, I do feel your situation. It's always hard for me to find the Father's Day (and daddy b-day) card. They are always talking about role models and dependable men, which is oh, so N/A. I wish it were different too, just 'cause I want him to be a better role model for my little brothers. I turned out fine, once I spent years seeking out "daddy" in my boyfriends, then spent a few more years analyzing this disturbing trend, then decided that focusing on the positive traits in a partner was much less tiring than scrutinizing folks to death to make sure they didn't have any hint of irresponsibility or delusions of grandeur.

(Whew, my demons are showing!)

11:19 AM  
Blogger blkbutterfly said...

i am very late getting here. but, i just wanted to say thanks for the mention. i'm not a mommy, but the day went well. thanks again!

10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for the well wishes. I wish i had seen it back when you posted it, as i needed it. Two days before Mother's Day, my sons' father served me with a restraining order, which he got in retaliation to me yelling at him outside two days prior (yes, just yelling). I was unable to have any contact with my sons until yesterday. (which is part of why i wasn't blogging...i just couldn't)...i did speak to them for a few minutes on Mother's Day but that was it...the last 10 days have been hell but i made it thru and my babies and i are back together :)

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home